According to the experience of professional sellers, it is very much difficult to sell products and services at a same time earn high profit margin without the art of successful selling. In the business of selling and buying taking chances is not the way to go. Reason why in the philosophy of sales, the possession of a complete set of skills is required because sales is an art itself.
What is the art of selling?
The art of selling is the most effective method of selling products and services in order to attain financial success. Why is selling an art? Sales is an art in the sense that it takes a skilled salesperson to plan ahead of time how to reach sales goals in a logical and rational manner. Therefore for any sales agents to run the whole sales process to finally sell professionally, exceptionally and profitably, it all takes skills. Here are the fundamentals of the art of successful selling:
- Mindset: Positive Mindset requires to prepare your path to be clear before going through it. Which is to visualize in advance what needs to be done in order to maximize the possible high ticket sales. At this level the salesman should have a good understanding of each mile to travel up until the final sale. In addition, it is an obligation for him or her to know what is not known so as to pull it through at lowest costs.
- Action taking: It is now time to put the mindset into action which is to honor the initial decision of selling products and services at highest levels. The sales team must be in the field at the right time with right massage, in the right place with the right product and talking to the right people. Also the consciousness of knowing why they are prospecting.
Sales strategy plan
Selling is a question of strategizing and planning, then execute in the end actionable activities that bring results.
Goal setting: The sales manager’s job is to assure he or she regularly double-checks the goal setting of each crew-member before prospecting. The entire sales team must have complete buyer persona profile suitable for the current product and services. In the outreach planning whether via cold calls, email or field prospecting salespeople must set their target.
Objective: The initial thing is to learn and know well your target industry, and reason why you think it is the best fit for your offerings. The objective must be one and clear to every team member. Then the sales manager must share information to the team regarding weekly or monthly sales target to attain as a whole.
Strategy: As one important factor in the sales planning showing the approach to adopt in terms of line of attack and tactics. On one hand a salesperson with general sales skills (the same person with prospecting, appointment setting and closing abilities). On the other hand each team member working with only one specific function of sales.
Planning: Is the breakdown process separating the short-term from the long-term goal. Which determines how much time to spend on each sales activity. Display the categories of potential customers in details. Based on answers from prospects, each must be assessed individually in order to make appropriate qualifications process. Last but least, budget is crucial in the planning as it facilitates the smoothness of the work in progress.
- Confidence: is an internal drive that complements other muscles in the effort to complete the sales task.
- Proactivity: Things must move swiftly to ensure that every chance is taken advantage of.
- Team structure:A professional-level sales team will also have specialized sales closers. We discussed the functions of a sales team in one of our previous posts, namely the lead generator, appointment setter and a closer. In details we have provided enough data where a sales closer’s job is neither to generate leads nor setting appointment but to close sales deals alone. Read more
Mental steps in buying
Prospects object for a variety of reasons that does not necessarily mean they are wrong fit. Reasons among which prospects may not give their attention to sellers; is the lack of time, not having quick money, indecision and more.
Products that have the flexibility of giving away demo to customers prior even taking the purchasing decision have great advantage. The point is, products with demos have an almost halfway probability of selling. Once you are able to capture the prospect’s response after experiencing a demo, then it is easy to tell whether the reaction is positive or not. At this level the salesman will take charge to dictate the prospect what to buy by pressing the recommendation button. Key questions will get the customer to accept the seller’s suggestions and ultimately commit a purchase.
Fear of loss
Retailers are now putting available weekly specials instead of monthly. It is a clear message to customers telling them that if you miss out buying this week, then next week you probably won’t find stock on hand or even at the same price. Again, to make it aggressive, they call it “early bird special”. The customer no longer has days to make a buying decision, but hours.
Sense of urgency
Creates the fear of loss into prospects’ hearts, thereby leaving them in positions of acting fast to avoid being late. How does it affect buyers? It encourages buyers to be more proactive: The sooner they get there, the more stock they will find. At the same time on the business side there is more sales at faster pace. Moreover the idea of putting available goods in combos is to dictate buyers to buy in bulk. This psychology of sales is mostly used by retailers and restaurant today. It is either they select or pre-pack different product lines bearing one price for all, or a single product range originally in set to sell at one price.
Finally, the art of successful selling is about seeing the big picture of sales from a very profitable standpoint. The art of successful selling is a game of logic. It all starts with a clear mind and finishes with a well-executed plan. In other words, it will necessitate sellers to develop sales techniques to turn high-paying tickets into sales revenues.
- The 4 Effective Habits of Top Sales Performers
- Psychology of Closing Sales of a Top Sales Performer
- Attitudes and beliefs prospects should know about salesmen
- Positive Mindset in Sales: Winning the Mentality Game of Sales
- Negative Thinking in Sales Every Sales Rep Needs to Avoid
- The Must Mindset of Salespeople for Effective Sales Profession
- Sense of Urgency in Sales to Increase Conversion